The canyoning tour Matacanes starts in the town of Potrero Redondo in the middle of the Santiago sierra. It lasts for about 10 hours where you will find two rappel descents (27 and 15 meters), two underground rivers by which you will cross, 25 jumps to water (from 1-12 meters), slides, and many obstacles . Start walking a very rugged gap which is then converted to a path down to the waterfall Lagunillas with a rappel down 27 meters to have the first contact with the water. From this point enters the canyon to go to Las Adjuntas (includes abseiling course).
Zone: Potrero Redondo Santiago, Nuevo Leon, MEXICO
Age: 13 - minors should be acompanied by a parent, except in summer camp
Begin March 21st and it approximately ends on September 15th, depending on the rains and hurricanes. It can be suspended at any time according to river level. The river safety level is monitored daily by inhabitants of Potrero Redondo, Las Adjuntas and the State authorities.
Take the highway to Linares (carretera Nacional), passing El Cercado in Santiago Nuevo Leon, take Cola de Caballo road, go about 5 km south to reach the Hotel. Leave your car in the parking lot, the cost is 100 pesos per vehicle
Intermediate: this route is apt for people with little experience in hiking, the route involves walking in paths, between stones and can have down climbing. Although this can be your first adventure trip is necessary that you have the ability to move mountain terrain. All our routes includes rappel course. GOOD phisycal condition is required and no one with overweight will be admitted.
1. 4x4 transportation in a safari style truck, open air vehicle full of fun and joy since the begining.
2. Cabins and camping area at baseline, Changing rooms, bathrooms, electricity, water, fresh hot coffee, restaurant and shop.
3. Professional canyoning gear for each participant: Harness, helmet, PFD andwet-suit
4. Professional ICAN certified guides with up top date courses of first aid and canyoning.
5. Pictures and video of the trip for an extra cost and available for download.**depende de disponibilidad
6. Medica first aid kit for the trip in the mountain, recommended by the Mexican Red Cross.
7. Transportation from Monterrey available at a low rate
Guide Gear: Contingencies and First Aid Kits Each participant will be responsible of the gear provided, and will have to be carried in your own backpack when it is not in use. Lost gear should be payed as new.
Groups can be made 6 people minimum. In case of not being able to form a group, you will have to make reservations with a full payment of the tour and wait to be assigned to one of the groups formed by other people. If you can't be assigned, you'll be refunded. You may ask for VIP groups with no minimum persons and guides will be assigned exclusively for you including all meals, transportation from airport, cabins and hotel nights.